Sunday, July 25, 2010

Harry Potter: Through the Years

I've started a little Harry Potter marathon- I'm rewathching all of the movies! Right now, I'm on the 3rd one, Prisoner of Azkaban. I can't believe how much the 3 main characters change from movie to movie-- and I thought it'd be interesting to post pictures of them from each movie, so I can compare them side by side!



The Sorcerer's Stone (2001)


The Chamber of Secrets (2002)


The Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
The Goblet of Fire (2005)


The Order of the Phoenix (2007)
The Half-Blood Prince (2009)

The Deathly Hallows (2010 and 2011)



When the first movie was released in 2001, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) was 12, Rupert Grint (Ron) was 13, and Emma Watson (Hermione) was 11. Now, they are 21, 22, and 20, respectively.


I think it's amazing that they were able to keep the same characters through 10 years of movies-- not just Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but also the other "main" characters, like McGonagall, Snape, Neville, and Malfoy.



When I saw the first movie, I remember being amazed at how perfectly the characters were cast. My very favorite person cast in a roll was Evanna Lynch, who played Luna Lovegood. She is exactly what I pictured while I was reading. I also think that Fred and George were wonderfully cast. They were played by James and Oliver Phelps.



I guess I'd forgotten how much I really like these movies, and despite all the popular criticism, I think each and every one of them were very well done. I think it'd be extremely hard to fit all of the thousands of minute (but important) details that JK Rowling included in the books!

I can't wait until November, when part 1 of The Deathly Hallows comes out! I hope it lives up to expectation!

3 comments:

  1. i love this!!! it is such a diff. I LOVE THIS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realllyyyyyyyyyyy LOVE this movie!!! and all the characters!!!! and the story was so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this! I know that the movies aren't as good as the books, as I've read the books a million times, and that they didn't include some important things in them, but I still really liked the movies. I agree that they were well done, and Alan Rickman's acting as Snape is just PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete